There appears to be a fairly substantial difference between myself and other 18 year olds.
Whilst most are likely to currently be necking any form of alcohol they can find within the immediate vicinity, I am currently plotting my latest blog post. In the immortal words of Sir Tinie Tempah, I live a very, very, very wild lifestyle. Poetic genius, Mr Tempah- brings a tear to my eye.
I was recently asked the question of: who inspires you? After quickly rattling off and then discounting several names in my head, a group popped into my mind who I really cannot fault: Razed Roof.
Razed Roof are an inclusive performing arts group based in Harlow, who I have had the pleasure of seeing on a couple of occasions now; on both occasions, I have been absolutely inspired and deeply moved by the work that has been created by this very special group of people. I have nothing but admiration for all of those involved, and it is a truly fantastic organisation.
On that note, they have been nominated for the Best Art Project at the National Lottery Good Causes awards, and you can vote for them on the link below:
http://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards/
A great cause, and I hope that I have the opportunity to see more of their work in the future. A real example of how the perfoming arts can do a great deal of good for the community and, more importantly, the lives of individuals.
No comments:
Post a Comment